Care For Children
Many people don’t think that chiropractic is necessary for children. In fact, it is at least as important for children as for adults, and often more so. At birth, the act of being born can be very traumatic for the baby. During birth, the upper cervical spine may be stretched more than normal causing a misalignment or subluxation. This interference to a healthy nervous system function should be removed as soon as possible so the baby can function at an optimal level.
Periodic check-ups and adjustments will allow the child to grow and develop properly. In many cases, postural distortions can be prevented and taken care of if a child receives chiropractic care from birth.
An infant or young child does not have the amount of stress of an adult. Also, their muscles are not fully developed. These factors mean that the adjustment is very light. With the NUCCA Procedure, the pressure used to adjust an infant is no more than a doctor taking your pulse. Infants and children are also more resilient and quicker to respond to chiropractic care as they heal at a much faster rate than an adult.
ADD/ADHD, autism, allergies, asthma, colic, ear infections, and scoliosis are all childhood disorders for which NUCCA and chiropractic has been very successful. Many conventional treatments can be avoided if NUCCA care is sought first as removing any interference in the upper cervical spine will allow the spine and nervous system to function properly.
Chiropractic care is for everyone, including children! At your pediatric chiropractor in Back Talk Chiropractic, we offer safe, gentle chiropractic care for children and even babies. All of our treatments are natural and medication-free. We treat a variety of childhood conditions to help your child stay healthy and well.
Childhood Conditions Treated Through Chiropractic Care
There are many childhood conditions that your child’s chiropractor can treat. Below are some of the most common conditions experienced by our pediatric patients at Back Talk Chiropractic.
- Colic –Colic is a condition experienced by infants, and is characterized by long, unexplained fits of crying.
- Ear infections –Ear infections frequently affect children because their ears don’t drain as well as adults.
- Bedwetting – Bedwetting is a condition that some children experience when signals from the brain fail to wake the body.
- Sports injuries –Many older children experience sports injuries like soft tissue damage, inflammation of the joints, concussions and other problems.
Pediatric Spinal Adjustment
Spinal adjustment is the cornerstone of chiropractic care. Spinal adjustment is a technique that involves realigning the vertebrae to reduce pressure on the spinal cord. In this way, spinal adjustment can improve the functioning of the central nervous system and can prevent the brain from misfiring signals into the body.
For pediatric patients, spinal adjustment can improve quality of life by helping the body to function properly. This can help the body heal, improve resistance to illness and prevent injury.
Other Chiropractic Techniques for Children
In addition to chiropractic adjustments, there are a variety of other techniques that we use on pediatric patients, including:
- Stretches and exercises –Stretches and exercises can help our pediatric patients avoid sports related injury and muscle strains. Stretches and exercises can also help athletic patients warm up for sports activities.
- Nutrition counseling –Obesity is a problem among children. Our nutrition counseling services help control weight gain, thus reducing our patient’s risk of conditions like diabetes.
- Lifestyle advice – We help children stay healthy and avoid medical conditions through practical lifestyle advice.
Improved Immune Function from Chiropractic Care
Younger children have undeveloped immune systems, which can lead to frequent illness. Chiropractic care for pediatric patients can boost the immune system through spinal adjustment and nutrition counseling. By improving the functioning of the central nervous system, spinal adjustment strengthens the immune system and improves the body’s resistance to disease. In addition, our nutrition counseling services can help your child get the healthy food he or she needs in order to fight off illness.
Contact Us for Chiropractic for Infants and Children
At Back Talk Chiropractic, we’re proud to offer chiropractic for infants and children. We offer a free consultation to new patients! Whether your child has been injured, experiences frequent ear infections, wets the bed or needs help overcoming illnesses, Back Talk Chiropractic can help. Contact us today at (859) 309-0377 to make an appointment.