Movement is a reality of everyday life regardless whether you work in an office or a professional athlete. Corrective exercises are imperative in identifying overactive and under active muscle groups and compensations that in turn lead to postural, instability, and mobility issues. Once a patient has been assessed, then a program can be constructed to optimize a patient’s ability to move, perform exercise, and reduce tension that has been placed on the body.
Benefits of Corrective Exercise:
- Increased flexibility
- Increased muscle activation
- Increased joint stability
- Improved neuromuscular efficiency
- Reduce risk of injury
- Improved movement patterns
- Increased ability to recover
- Prepares body for high intensity exercise
- Prepares body for optimal performance
- Corrects muscle imbalances
Corrective Exercises can help make your pain that you are experiencing disappear. Most of these exercises can be performed in the comfort of your own home. In addition to skeletal misalignment, muscles or connective tissues that are imbalanced can also cause pain.